Updated Cleanliness Standards
Creating a safe
& healthy environment.
Cleaning & Sanitation.
• Cleaning Protocols: In addition to existing continuous cleaning protocols, we will add a rigorous, deep-cleaning and disinfecting process multiple times during the day. All staff and members will be asked to support these rigorous cleaning protocols.
• Disinfection Procedures: Disinfectants that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19 will be used for all continuous and deep cleaning processes. We have also invested in a next generation handheld electrostatic sprayer that efficiently attack microbes, providing 3x more coverage in the same amount of time than traditional efforts.
• Professional Cleaning: A professional cleaning company will be brought in to clean the facility multiple times during the week.
• Hand Sanitizers: Members will be asked to use hand sanitizer immediately upon entering Femme and frequently throughout their visit. The hand sanitizer solution kills up to 99.9% of germs and meets or exceeds the CDC’s guidelines of 60% alcohol. Hand sanitizer will be available at multiple locations in the facility, including at the entrance.
• Disinfectant Spray Bottles: We will provide disinfectant spray bottles and disposable towels throughout Femme and members will be asked to clean equipment before and after use.
• Temperature Checks: Members and our staff will have body temperatures taken prior to entering Femme via touchless thermometers. Per CDC guidelines, individuals with a body temperature greater than 100.4 degrees will be not be permitted entry.
• Notifications: Members and staff will be asked to alert us if they test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their last club visit. We will email notifications to all potentially exposed persons if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at Femme. We will require all members to reserve a visit to Femme in advance using Mindbody, our new software platform. Using a reservation system will allow us to have a record of all visitors enabling more efficient contact tracing and communication.
Limited Club Capacity.
• Advanced Booking Required: Members will be asked to book a visit to Femme in advance using Mindbody, our new platform provider. We are also introducing a dedicated Femme app through which you will be able to make reservations. No members will be allowed into Femme unless they have booked either access to the Gym Floor, Personal Training, or a Group Fitness Class.
• Touchless Checking In: There will be markers on the floor to notify all guests and members of proper social distance. All members will be able to check in by scanning their barcode on the Femme app or their physical key card when they reach the front desk. If a member is unable to do so, they may notify the front desk team to check them in on the back end.
• Physical Distancing: So members can give each other enough space, we will limit the number of members allowed in any of our spaces at one time. We will utilize the benchmark of at least 200 sq. ft. per person to determine how many members are allowed in any given room at one time.
• Personal Belongings: To reduce possible exposure, lockers will be temporarily unavailable. We are asking all members to minimize the number of belongings they bring into the facility.
Personal Protection Equipment.
• Face Coverings: Our staff will be provided with face masks, which will be required to be worn in the clubs at all times. Members will be required to wear face coverings at all times in the club.
• Gloves: Per CDC guidelines, it is recommended but not required that staff and members wear gloves during their visit.
Cardio & Strength Floor.
• Equipment: To facilitate physical distancing, we have moved equipment to create at least 6 feet of distance. Select equipment will be unplugged and clearly marked to facilitate physical distancing. 30-minute time limits may be imposed on equipment during peak hours, if necessary.
• Capacity: No more than 10 persons will be allowed within the Open Gym Floor as per the guideline of 100 sq. ft per person. Members will be able to book cardio equipment such as treadmills and ellipticals through the MindBody platform or the Femme app.
• Exclusive Studio: All Personal Training sessions will take place exclusively in the Mind Body Studio. Members will only be allowed to enter the Mind Body Studio if they have a scheduledPersonal Training session. By designating the Mind Body Studio as an exclusive space for Personal Training, we can:
- Minimize the number of people who enter the studio and reduce the number of touchpoints with equipment.
- Enable greater social distancing.
- Enable greater levels of sanitization and cleaning.
• Handwashing: All members will be asked to wash their hands prior to their Personal Training session using the private bathroom located inside the Mind Body Studio.
• Physical Distancing: Members will be asked to practice physical distancing etiquette during Personal Training sessions. Trainers and instructors will remain six feet away from clients and all cueing and corrections will be done verbally.
• Equipment: We have invested in two FitBenches (https://fitbench.com/) for personal training in order to provide a complete and effective workout as well as to make it easier to keep the equipment clean and sanitized.
• To ensure physical distancing, we will limit capacity for all Group Fitness classes to 10 members. Advance booking will be required to attend all classes. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
• We’ll ask that you arrive no more than 5 minutes before class and avoid congregating in the lobby.
• Studio Access: All classes will take place in the Power Studio – our largest room with double height ceilings. Members will be asked to use hand sanitizer before entering the studio. The studio will be closed and unavailable for use between classes to ensure the studio and all equipment is disinfected.
• 15 workout locations will be numbered and marked on the floor. These will be available to be booked online via Mindbody.
• To assist in reducing exposure, we are suggesting that our members bring their own mats.
• Members will be urged to leave the facility through the back door in the Power Studio after class instead of walking through facility again.
• Livestreaming: For those who are unable to attend a class in person, we will be livestreaming all of our classes through Mindbody so you can follow along from home.
• Small Group Training: We are temporarily suspending all Small Group Training classes.